Thanks Casey fir this great story, it’s better the second time around. M
I’ve been working on a fiction story for the last few weeks but keep getting interrupted by reality.
At our house, you just never know what’s going to happen.
Tonight, as I wrote about a princess, my German Shepherd came galloping up the stairs.
He’s my safety net; hopefully I won’t need help anytime soon, but I’m training him as a service dog.
We’ve been working on things like:
- Help! (I lie on the floor as if I’ve fallen and he helps me back up.)
- Dish. (He hands me his bowl.)
- Open. (He uses a paw to open an unlatched door for me.)
- Take it to the laundry. (He trots whatever I hand him back to the laundry room. That one’s just for fun.)
- Sit-stay. (He waits for me to verbally release him from a sit.)
- Hush. (He stops barking at other dogs. We’re working on this.)
- Leave it. (He ignores whatever…
View original post 399 more words